The Planning Department has posted its proposed revisions to the EcoDensity Charter, based on the feedback it received from the public hearings and City Council.
The changes reflect the key themes heard:
– EcoDensity must address affordability in a stronger and clearer way.
– Growth needs to be accompanied by amenities
– Existing policies, especially Community Visions, should be respected, not overridden.
– Each community’s individual character should be enhanced and our city of neighbourhoods reinforced.
– Ongoing consultation with communties is needed; the community voice is essential.
– Climate change is happening even faster than expected, and there is urgent need to be working toward a more sustainable future.
Read more »