As a valuable time-saving service to Price Tags’ readers, we will henceforth dispense with attempting to list who is running for various offices in the upcoming October 20 civic election. Instead, we will identify those who are not running, a much smaller number of people for you to track.Read more »
Just when you feared that maybe life had become terminally stern, predictable and dull, here’s a reminder that it’s not you.
Metro Vancouver is incredibly dull by comparison to the inspired weirdness seen elsewhere. As to trams, maybe we should count ourselves lucky to have any at all, even ones that exist only on paper and at photo ops.Read more »
Such a new-Vancouver type of thing. Let me count the ways:
- Craft beer: Not going away; getting bigger if anything, and working hard to find niches
- The name: “Electric Bicycle Brewing” (I can hear those teeth a’gnashing out there)
- The graphics: right out of those beloved hippie-dippy days of yore
- A mural for the street front, and interior décor described as “selfie-friendly”
- Ramen-infused beer: nothing like the marriage of food and beverage trends
- Location: 4th just east of Ontario, growing home to creatives in the tech industries
- Clustering: an area now also home to the luscious yummies at purebread (5th and Ontario), among other purveyors of nosh and sip.
With thanks to the Daily Hive.Read more »
With thanks to Price Tags contributor Tom Durning who sent in this photograph of Jesus and Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame having a coffee together on Saturday. No word yet if this was for a film or was just a regular weekly meeting.Read more »
It’s time for the latest in a most Vancouver-like unfolding epic saga: the ever-mutating world of yoga.
The latest: cannabis yoga (a.k.a. ganja yoga) for those who like it laid-back. Where billion-dollar takeovers and gigantic emerging industries meet the ancient techniques while spawning cravings for chocolate and tortilla chips.
We’ve thoughtfully provided a short tour of the ever-expanding world of yoga, just in case cannabis yoga isn’t your thing.Read more »