OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION: Special Projects Research Assistant – Student Summer Job
Vancouver Heritage Foundation (VHF) is seeking a student intern to join our staff team as a Special Projects Research Assistant for 10 weeks starting June or sooner. The role is 30 hours per week $15/hr, based in our office in downtown Vancouver.
VHF is seeking a current post-secondary student in history, heritage conservation, geography, planning, architecture or a related field. You will contribute to two key resources for people to learn about Vancouver’s heritage places – the Places That Matter Community History Resource and the Heritage Site Finder. In addition, you will have opportunity to assist with other VHF events and projects.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills for the purpose of conveying information to the general public, and fluency in written and oral English
- A genuine interest in history and built heritage
- Computer fluency with at a minimum Microsoft Office and familiarity with website editing (WordPress an asset).
- Organizational skills that include adhering to timelines and budgets, and record keeping
- Ability to work well independently
- Desire to work in a collegial and collaborative office environment
As this position is partly funded by the Young Canada Works program, the Research Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time student during the 2018/2019 academic year
- Aged 16 – 30 years old at the start of employment
- Continuing his/her studies in the 2019/2020 academic year
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or has refugee protection status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
You can view this position on our website here: https://www.vancouverheritagefoundation.org/get-involved/careers-at-vhf/
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Judith Mosley, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close May 13, 2019 at midnight. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Read more »