It’s all out in public now:
Updated Interim Design: Room to Move- Beach Avenue
Work starts soon on new features along Beach Avenue to improve access for people walking, taking transit and driving while maintaining the two-way protected bike path and increased walking space.
- Improved pedestrian crossings at key locations
- Eastbound travel restored for vehicles and transit between Denman St and Jervis St. following completion of other project elements
- Replacing traffic cones with sturdier and harder-to-move concrete barriers
- Working with the Park Board to provide accessible parking in the waterfront parking lot near Bute St
- Retention of the two-way protected bike path
Construction starts in December.
Notice the difference between the City and the Park Board. No theatrics. Interim but satisfactory. Another step forward.
Jeff Leigh went to take a look:
Very happy to see the confirmation that it will remain to Park Lane, with one way westbound vehicles, so the rat running through Park Drive from the causeway will not dump onto Beach.
Inspected the site work today, and the widths look reasonable. Not always as wide as it is now, but not cramped down – except at some crossings, where the median islands (safer crossings for those walking) mean potential pinch points for people cycle. We will watch that one as they proceed.