Via Dr. David Sadoway at Kwantlen Polytechnic University:
Greenways for All – Engagement and Communication Lead
Trails Society of BC is a provincial organization operating on ancestral, traditional and unceded territories. We have been in operation since the mid 1990s working with the Trans Canada Trail to establish and develop The Great Trail (formally known as the Trans Canada Trail) in British Columbia.
Trails Society of BC (Trails BC) seeks a person to assist us with building partnerships; identify and address structural challenges; develop project opportunities; develop trails and active transportation policies; and increase our organization capacity.
This position will involve engaging with and building relationships with people living in Indigenous and rural communities and related organizations in BC to determine the need and opportunities for greenway trails for active travel and recreation throughout British Columbia. The contractor will initially focus on identifying barriers and solutions for provincial active travel, including both responding to the immediate needs related to COVID 19 and longer term projects and policies.
The successful candidate will have a mix of community engagement, organizational development, facilitation, communications and project management experience. They will work with the Board of Directors, Development contractor, consultants, the project Advisory Committee and engaged volunteers.
The mission of Trails Society of BC (TrailsBC) is to support public policy that makes quality trail experiences for active travel on trails in British Columbia. Our goal is to strengthen the Trails Society of BC advocacy role in the Province by increasing public awareness and building support for active recreation and transportation at the provincial level.
Engagement and other activities will occur via phone, conference call and email while COVID 19 restrictions are in place.
- Co-facilitation of provincial wide coalition planning
- Analyze and make recommendations on how to improve effectiveness
- Assisting in development of media marketing and messaging support strategies
- Community engagement
- Communication, social media, and public relations
- Assist policy development for promoting active recreation and transportation on trails
- Organizing on-line workshops
- Assisting on the development of funding applications and proposals
- Self-motivated with proven organizational, administrative, writing and public communications skills. WordPress, Drupal.
- Computer and on-line networked work environment proficiency is a must.
- Project management and community development experience.
- Ability to work closely with a volunteer board of directors.
- A strong commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of active transportation, recreation and trails policies are an asset.
The initial term of the contact will be 6 months for this part time position tentatively starting in mid July. The intention is for this to be an on-going position subject to additional funding. This position will initially be for 40 hours per month. This could decrease or increase subject to available work and funding.
Remuneration negotiable based on experience, to be discussed with individual applicants. Contract proposals also considered.
Please send resume with references or contract proposal to email@example.com
Tuesday, June 30 11:59 PM
You can find out more about this initiative and work at trailsbc.ca