Can’t make the Price Talks event next Wednesday?
On Tuesday, June 25th, a coalition of five North Shore community agencies are hosting a panel discussion on possible solutions for North Shore seniors experiencing the impacts of the housing crunch.
Solutions to be discussed include the proposed affordable housing development on the site of North Shore Neighbourhood House, and the proposed Seniors Roommate Registry which, according to Hollyburn Family Services Society, is already attracting interest.
This event will be a ‘community conversation’, including brief presentations from the panel, engagement with representatives from the three North Shore municipalities, and audience participation.
Creative Housing Options for North Shore Seniors
Tuesday, June 25 • 10 am-noon
Delbrook Community Recreation Centre
851 W Queens Rd, North Vancouver District
- Bunny Brown, President, Special Services Society, and a home-sharer for 10 years
- Michael Geller, housing property developer, on municipal zoning, bylaws, and options for heritage home owners
- Joy Hayden, Hollyburn Family Services Society, on the North Shore Seniors Roommate Registry
- Lionsview Seniors Planning Society
- Capilano Seniors Action Table
- Capilano Community Services Society
- Hollyburn Family Services Society
- North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Committee
To register, call 604-985-3852, email Lionsview, or just show up — the public is welcome.