1. Prizes, oh so many prizes! Everyone who registers for Bike to Shop Day will be entered to win a trip for two to the Okanagan! Plus we have great prizes for people participating in the celebrations downtown. Register before July 31st to win a Classic Bike Suit Bag from Two Wheel Gear. Check out all the prizes here.
2. Ride and receive discounts at stores across the city. Over 20 stores are offering promotions to people that arrive by bike on August 13th. From yoga classes to bike accessories to cheese, there’s something for everyone – check out our discount map below! We encourage you to support these businesses because they support cycling.
3. Discover new stores with new friends on our free rides . Join our Pet Parent or Picnic Paradise guided rides to visit unique shops around the city. Rides will be friendly to all ages and abilities and will end at Bike to Shop Day celebrations – so you won’t miss out on the fun Downtown! Confirm your space today.
4. Learn tips from the pros. Is it your first time biking to shop? Unsure how to juggle bringing the kids along and making space for your groceries? Visit a HUB celebration station to learn from experienced community champions like Jordon Miller from Dandy Lion Cargo and Lisa Corriveau from Spokesmama. You can also read our tips to get ready for the event.
5. Grow HUB’s voice and show bikes are good for business. Help us showcase the benefits of biking to shop. We know people on bikes tend to make more frequent stops, and spend more than those arriving by car. By participating in Bike to Shop Day you’ll help us collect new data to support this message and grow the support of local businesses.
|Volunteer at the event
Want to get involved with Bike to Shop Day? We’re still looking for amazing volunteers like you to help at our Celebration Stations. Shifts are 10am-1pm and 1pm-4pm.
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability.