Worth bringing forward.
John Graham does the numbers:
- Number of single family dwellings in the Greater Vancouver area: 949,565
- Average sale price of a single family dwelling in April 2015: $1,406,426
- Implied value of all single family dwellings: $1,335,492,904,690. ($1.34 trillion)
- Number of people per single family dwelling: 2.6
- Number of people whose assets decrease if property value is reduced by new taxation to increase affordability: 2,468,869
- Number of votes at affordable housing rally: 400